longing and missing
pinning on idealized
yearning sustains roving heart
hope is a sedative balm
Dr. KH Lim.
world is never fair
sip my coffee watching scenes
wife on market rounds
long queue for food stores
stressful business, rest envy
all suffer the same
leaders have cronies
money glue to all feathers
to stay in power
saints have favourites
inner disciples more at heart
heaven for the few
unfair if you lose
fairness has levels
Dr. KH Lim.
Scour the kaleidoscope-like street
shoppers stir to and fro
as the winds in The Starry Night
weaving through clusters
while popping fruits
nibbling tidbits and fried meats
arms burdened by bulky bundles
tongues and arms flailing – bargaining
vendors’ voices – booming deals
such is our Saturday mornings.
The Malaysian Poets Society (MAPS) is proud to announce that we shall be organising our 11th poetry reading session!
Mark your calendars and join us in the fun!
Date: 24th September 2017
Time: 3 pm to 5 pm
Place: The Anechoic Cafe, Empire Damansara (next to Aussie Roll)
You may participate by reciting a poem at the event or just coming to watch!
To register as a poem reciter, please follow and take note of the following matters:
1) Email to email@example.com
– Contact Number
2) Await for our reply to confirm your slot as a registered reciter on the day of the event.
3) Please note that all participants (Both reciters and observers) would be required to pay RM 14 on the day of the event. Drinks will be provided.
4) For participants who have successfully booked a slot to recite their poem on the day itself, please do not pull out at the very last minute. The amount of drinks that will be ordered, as well as the time slots will be affected if people were to pull out at the very last minute.
5) For further updates, do follow us on our:
I know that place your heart remembers
Where sorrow never follows you home
Where the sun says a final good night
And your memory takes flight.
In that place that your heart remembers
But your memory cannot recall
Would it be my name that you say?
Long after the tide pulls away.
Here in that place that your heart remembers
Where hugs and smiles were sprinkled with kisses
When we once played in the sand dunes of Melaka
I can still hear the sweet sound of our laughter.
By Gina, Selangor
I said ” I want to give us a try. ”
I hesitated for 4 days
With only honesty in my heart
I thought I could have a better love
But, what is a better love?
A hunk of a guy? A guy with the sweetest melody? A guy so bad I could fall head over heels?
I don’t know how to answer my own question
There was a moment where I thought
It doesn’t matter if the both of us couldn’t find our beautiful ending together
It doesn’t matter if we parted ways with a heart that broke terribly
As long as I get the chance to love you
A chance to be loved by you
A mere second of happiness
I could trade everything and anything for it
For that one of a lifetime love
By: Sumayyah Jaafar Ali, Penang